Dear Fellowship House Member:
We are sure many of you have heard about the coronavirus (COVID-19) and wanted to share some information that we hope will be helpful for you. This is a virus that spreads similar to the flu or the common cold. This means it spread by being in close contact with someone who is sick or by touching surfaces that someone who has the virus has touched. Symptoms of COVID-19 are similar to symptoms of a cold or the flu and include:
- Fever (Greater than 100.4)
- Shortness of Breath
If you believe you may have been exposed to COVID-19 you should stay home and call your Primary Care Physician. If traveling to a medical office or facility, call ahead. If you do not have a Primary Care Physician, you should call the Florida Department of Health at 305-324-2400. For questions about COVID-19 in Florida, please call the Florida Department of Health at 1-866-779-6121. Your Case Manger is available to help you with this via telephone.
Prevention for COVID-19 is similar to what we would do to help prevent the flu. Things you can do to stay healthy include:
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Avoid being around individuals who are sick.
- Practice social distancing (avoid large gatherings, do not shake hands, hug, share drinks, cigarettes, food or other personal items)
- Avoid touching your mouth, eyes, or nose with your hands.
- When you cough or sneeze do so into your elbow or use a tissue.
- Clean objects and surfaces you touch often.
AND LASTLY, but most important:
- WASH YOUR HANDS!!!! Yes, handwashing is the #1 way to prevent COVID-19 and the flu. You should wash your hands for at least 20 seconds (sing Happy Birthday two times) with soap and warm water. If you don’t have access to soap you can wash your hands with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
What is Fellowship House doing to help you stay healthy???
- We are practicing the same prevention tips above.
- If you are sick with the symptoms above we ask that you stay home until you are well. This is to protect the other members that we serve and our staff. But not to worry! You are not alone! If you are home-bound Fellowship House will be able to provide you with support over the telephone.
Please let us know if you have any questions about preventing not only COVID-19 but other virus such as the flu. We would be happy to answer them for you.
Fellowship House Staff